Yoga Basics Workshop
Are you curious about yoga but wary of trying a class without an understanding of basic poses? Maybe you’ve been to some yoga classes but continually ask yourself, “Am I doing this right?” This 3-hour workshop aims to answer all of your questions while providing a basic foundation for your yoga practice. Through demonstration, verbal instruction and practice, we will explore common postures with a focus on alignment, emphasizing safety and stability for your body. (Did you know you don’t have to be able to touch your toes to be “good” at yoga?) We will practice postures, breath integration, meditation and techniques for relaxation – all key elements of yoga that can relieve stress and enhance overall well-being. (Yes, you get to lie down and rest for several minutes at the end of the workshop! Now the secret is out.) Please wear comfortable clothing, and bring a mat, a water bottle and a playful spirit.
January 13, 2019, 12:30-3:30pm, $55
100-hour Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training
Lotus Blossom offers a unique training experience for yoga and birth professionals. Moving beyond Yoga Alliance standards, this comprehensive program includes 100 hours of training and mentorship addressing both prenatal and postnatal topics. A workshop schedule spanning four non-consecutive weekends opens the door for parents and working professionals to participate. Doulas and other birth professionals are welcome to enroll in just the 65 scheduled workshop hours. Students planning to teach prenatal yoga will fulfill an additional 35 flexible hours of teaching and mentorship requirements to earn the designation of Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) through the Yoga Alliance.
The Yoga Alliance requires a minimum of 85 hours to qualify for the RPYT designation. For details on how these hours are broken down, please see their website here. Lotus Blossom Prenatal Yoga Training meets these requirements and adds an additional 15 hours to ensure our trainees graduate with the confidence to lead their own successful prenatal yoga business.
Workshop topics include the following:
- Anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postpartum mother
- Yoga asana to promote optimal fetal positioning
- Alleviating common discomforts of pregnancy
- Pre and postnatal psychology to support the expectant/ new mother
- Asana practice and modifications to accommodate the pregnant body
- Understanding and importance of evidence-based maternity care
- Managing a successful pre/ postnatal yoga business
- Orchestrating an engaging class
- Promoting healthy pelvic floor for pregnancy and beyond
- Using empowering and inclusive language
- Meditation and relaxation techniques
- Applying classical yogic philosophy to modern pre/ postnatal yoga
- …And more!
Next Session Begins January 25, 2019! Early Bird tuition available through December 1, 2018. Limited to 12 trainees.