Greet the summer solstice in the Dordogne region of France, home to 12th century medieval buildings, lush organic vineyards and gorgeous country vistas to enjoy on foot or en bicyclette. The Travel Yogi’s itinerary offers many opportunities to sight-see and engage in local culture — and wine-tasting! — along with plenty of free time to fill (or not fill) as your heart desires. Embrace a little joie de vivre as the mood suits you, and round it out with some soul-satisfyingly delicious yoga.
Our mornings at the chateau begin with an invigorating slow flow practice, energizing the body with a specific focus on breath integration and alignment. Explore the medieval village during the day, or maybe take a dip in the pool, and return for a decompressing gentle yoga session in the evening — a bit of yin, restorative or gentle flow depending on the group’s energy level each day. (We even get to practice under a full moon!)
Hillary specializes in teaching all-level groups, giving clear instruction and modifications for beginners and appropriate challenges for more advanced yogis. EveryBody is welcome — bienvenue!
Retreat (8 days/7 nights) includes:
- 12 yoga classes (most mornings and each evening)
- Accommodation at a chateau (Single or Double options available)
- 3 farm-to-table meals each day (and wow, the food is always so good!) + coffee/tea/fruit in the mornings before yoga
- Wine tasting evening with a local sommelier
- Local vineyard winemaker for a day!
- Lunch food/wine pairing class
- Create, blend and bottle your own wine to bring home
- Day trip to La Roque Gageac and Beynac
- Boating on the Dordogne
- Excursions through medieval La Roque and Beynac
- Trip to the Issigeac market
- Catch the tastes and colors of this medieval town during their famous Sunday market
- Transfers (on arrival and departure days only) from the Bergerac airport or train station
Starts at $2595 per person
City to Sea: A Soulful Panama Yoga Retreat (2018)
Nature and Nurture Galapagos Yoga Adventure (2017)